The modern world has had almost anything relating to home security needs turning to wireless technology and systems in one way or the other. Wireless technology has taken a hold in our lives so much now that it seems like life, it would stop if technology seized to exist all over sudden. And when you venture into the security sector, then you hear more of wireless driveway motion sensor and or advanced tech available to give you the best sense of protection for your homes.
Then you start thinking; what if I need to buy a driveway motion sensor? Which one should I go for? What should I look for? Which one would be best for my driveway? There is such a vast number of driveway motion sensors in the market right now that if you fly blindly and purchase the first one you find, then you may be in for a big surprise. Wireless motion detectors come in different designs and each can perform different functions. You need to ensure you do your homework thoroughly before you up and leave the stores.
Wireless driveway motion detectors rely on wireless signals like Bluetooth, WiFi, ZigBee, and Z-wave to function and communicate. So, here are some few buying tips you need to consider when buying wireless driveway motion sensors.
- Why do you need a driveway motion detector?
This is the first question that will always pop in your mind, which will lead you towards deciding whether you need to buy a motion detector for your driveway or not, and for the most part, your answer is always to better secure your home. So, after figuring out the core reason why you need to have a wireless motion detector in your driveway, the next step should be you figuring out what features you are looking for in the wireless driveway motion detectors you plan to buy for your driveway.
This will lead you to figure out the core features of wireless driveway motion sensors. Here are some of them discussed below:
- Sensors: these are, perhaps, the most vital aspects of your wireless driveway motion alarms as they are the systems that detect any form of motion that occurs in your driveway.
- Location: it is also vital that you install your driveway sensors in positions where they will pick even the minute sounds possible. You don’t want to purchase a driveway sensor that only does half the work. The location is pretty important if you want to get the best out of your driveway alarms.
- Wireless communication: here you will need to figure out how your sensors will interface with your larger security system. How will it communicate to you any alarms in your driveways if any occur?
- Power options: you need to check how your driveway alarms are going to be powered.
- Understand the sensors for the wireless driveway motion detectors
After looking into all the features of the different wireless driveway motion detectors, you need to figure out the features you need in the driveway alarms you want to purchase and start from there. You will realize that your list of driveways to choose from has gotten slimmer.
- Comparing sensors
Different driveway alarms have different sensor strengths. There are four sensors which are mostly implemented and they are the microwave, ultrasonic, tomographic and passive IR sensors. You need to look into all of these sensors and from there, determine which type of sensors you need in the wireless driveway alarm you are about to purchase.